Competent Person Service
IS YOUR COMPANIES HEALTH AND SAFETY UP TO DATE WITH STATUTORY LEGAL COMPLIANCE?
At Lincolnshire Safety Solutions we can supply a competent person package which is reasonably priced and can be very helpful when the costs within a business are tight.
Why do I need to appoint a Health and Safety Consultant/Competent person?
Management of Health and Safety at Work regulations 1999 Regulation 7 says:
Every employer shall, appoint one or more competent persons to assist him in undertaking the measures he needs to take to comply with the requirements and prohibitions imposed upon him by or under the relevant statutory provisions,
Further in the regulations:
A person shall be regarded as competent where he has sufficient training and experience or knowledge and other qualities.
SMALL TO MEDIUM ENTERPRISE – SME
For companies that may not have the resources to appoint their own Health and Safety competent person, we can provide an easy way to be compliant at a much lower cost compared with having a permanent member of staff.
Payments can be annual or monthly, but a discount of 2 months will be applied if the annual payment option is taken.
What do our packages include?
- Access to Degree standard IOSH registered health and safety consultants, Qualifications available to view.
- We have experience across a wide range of sectors and industries including, construction, farm safety, chemical industry, Industrial cleaning services, facilities management, lone worker safety, manufacturing, commercial tyre fitting, food operations safety and machinery guarding.
- You can use our details for your tender and health and safety questionnaires.
- All of our packages can be tailored to suit the needs of your business.
- Initial compliance audit.
- Annual or monthly fee can be offset with our e-learning training packages.
- An added personal touch with expert advice always available by phone.
- Our costs are structured and very affordable, and we are happy to run through these with you and discuss them in person.
The silver package includes everything above and helps to ensure that you are compliant with the Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999. Our health and safety consultants can be appointed as a competent person for your business, helping you to save time and money while getting expert guidance.
4 risk assessments
2 COSHH assessments
3 site visits per year
The gold package includes everything in the silver package with the addition of:
6 risk assessments
4 COSHH assessments
4 site visits per year
Packages are for a minimum of 12 months and can be paid monthly or annually. Annual payments are the cheapest option as you’ll get 2 months of service for free.